Sunday, November 10, 2019

Edessa

This weekend got off to a bumpy start, but quickly pulled itself together:
  1. The bus smelled like a toilet, but there was no toilet on this bus. I spent most of the time trying not get sick. 
  2. I came pretty close to falling off the bus when I got to the bus station for my transfer. I slipped and as I started to fall I managed to grab a rail. Phew. This probably happened because I was feeling sick. (See #1). 
  3. At the bus station, as I was drawing at a table, a man came up and asked me, in English, where the WC was. My response? "I don't speak English." Whoops. He stared at me for a second and I realized what had happened. 

I did manage to make it in one piece, and the rest of the weekend was fabulous: waterfalls, an abandoned hemp factory, ancient ruins, a surprise upgrade at the hotel, sketchbook time and, of course, lots of cats.




No comments:

Post a Comment